Monday, February 10, 2014

Musical Lights

I know it's been a while since I've updated, so at the specific request of a friend currently residing across the pond, I am going to try to catch back up on all the things happening under our roof.

When we decided to turn our front room into our dining room, there was one thing left for us to do to really make the rooms officially switched. The lights were a little mismatched.

In the new dining room, we had this.

Yes, that's one of our Christmas trees....I told you I was behind!

Which isn't terrible, but we already had a light for over our dining table. The issue is that it was in the room we were originally going to use as our dining room.


Not only was it low hanging, but also really felt out of place. If it had been closer to the ceiling, maybe it wouldn't have felt as weird. This wasn't a huge deal, though. It just involved switching these two fixtures out to really bring each spaces together.

We took down the capris shell light first, set it down while we took down the dining light, then just put the correct shades in the right places. I feel like it really helped the rooms (and helped Scott avoid hitting his head when walking into the living room!).



As you may or may not know, we are also huge fans of dimmer switches. We like being able to turn the lights down or up depending on our mood or activity (nice dinner verses rousing games of Scrabble!), so we installed this guy.


He allows us to dim the dining room light, so it really cozies up the room at night. If you're considering a dimmer switch, they are pretty easy to install (just make sure the power is off first), but they make a huge difference in a room.

I know this was a quick update, but there will be more to come! I recently decided to paint our bathroom, and we love the result, so keep checking back for a new bathroom post!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I thought I'd have to wait forever for an update!

    ReplyDelete